The Night Guard Fitting Process
- Impressions are taken of your upper and lower teeth to confirm an accurate fit
- Using your impressions as a mold, the night guard is crafted out of strong, durable plastic
- When the guard is finished, it is properly fitted to your mouth
- Simply wear the guard while you sleep every night
Benefits of a Night Guard
- Prevents migraine pain
- Can reduce the damage caused by grinding teeth during sleep
- Prevents tension-type headache pain
- Can help prevent jaw disorders by relieving pressure
- Prevents the development of TMD (temporomandibular disorder)
We offer two types of nightguards:
- Full arch nightguard that fits over all of your upper teeth. It is easy to take out and can help the above symptoms.
- NTI nightguard that fits only on the upper or lower front teeth. This nightguard not only protects your teeth but helps relax the muscles that cause tension headaches and chronic neck ache.
To find out if you might benefit from a custom-made night guard, call Tennyson Lake Dental at 972-378-3601.